Monday, March 1, 2010

the light at the end of the tunnel is fading.
the faster I run, the farther it becomes.
Soon everything is swallowed by an eerie darkness.
I hear laughing -
an evil cackle echoes all around me.
A familiar voice.
Is that me?
Words...
I can't clearly make them out.
"Forever...lost..."
then
silence...
A distant rumble...
Closer...
Crashing waves.
Water surrounds me.
Rising,
I try to stay afloat.
I'm flailing like a fish on land.
It's no use.
I'm drowning.
I can no longer hear,speak, think.
I've reached the end.

*
when I wrote this, the lines:
fading.
darkness.
voice.
Words...
silence.
Crashing
Rising,
flailing
drowing.
end.

were all off to the right... tried to make them make sense if read alone, but I don't think it worked out too well.. Oh well, whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment