Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Matterialism...

We're shifting, and in the process of packing I have found myriad of small useless colorful things which were perfectly hidden in the obscurity of my room. Old broken things that are mostly of no use, that deserve to be thrown away or given off. I would do neither. The narcissist me would cajole me to keep them only because they're mine. The logistic me would give off wild persuading logics to put them in my prospect cupboard. The creative me would tempt me about the beautiful color they possess and how they would decor my room. The possessive me would take over and I would want to keep them no matter what.

I don't like the notion of people collecting so many thing, and I don't even like the idea of me doing the same. It make me something of a materialistic person, A lover of things - breathless, worthless, emotionless cold things, which don't feel and cant love you back.

Also, Materialistic people are mean, they possess things and only things can bewitch them, fascinate them and ensnare them. I guess they don't even have the capacity and desire to love people.

I will give off all, I think. I don't want to be materialistic and I wonder if loving cold, bleak, emotionless, worthless but breathing people, who don't feel and cant love you back, will ever make me one?

2 comments:

  1. you long to be loved, dont you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...sad isn't it that the world we live in is so materialistic! I mean, look at ourselves... we NEED to work cuz we NEED the money cuz we NEED to stay alive. We're all materialistic. That NEED is the cause of all our problems.. our worries.. our stress!

    ... we're entangled in the worldy objects that we forget to ask ourselves the reason of our existence!...

    ...p.s. you're so right. People who're materialistic.. are very selfish. All they think about is 'me, myself and I.'

    ReplyDelete