Sunday, August 31, 2008

why by Atif hussain..

The darkness has conquered over the colorful gaiety…
The drastic changes of surroundings surprise me…
I rush towards the burning candle
-My only ray of hopeBut a frosty unfriendly breeze kills the flame
I shiver with fear
Stationed there all alone
I try hard to evade my horrific thoughts
But my scruples won’t let me
Just then a bizarre happening takes place
The room abruptly starts quaking and contracting
To close in on me from all the four sides
I scream…..I screech…..
But the room is getting smaller and smaller
I close my eyes...
But even then, I can visualize, in my mind,
My body being crushed and squeezed
The sound of my bones breaking
My brain being squashed
Bloody veins inside my skull can be seen now
And blood pouring out.
I shut my eyes even tighter
And I wait….. and wait…and wait….
I open my eyes now. I see myself lying on the floor...
The Swiss knife all soaked in my blood is lying on the floor
.The sharp cut in my wrist has made a deep wound
My hand is lying in a pool of blood
My veins are showing.
My lips are Cold….deathly cold.
The expression on my face is depressing.
I lie there on the floor…all alone. Looking
Troubled……Lifeless…….Dead.
Now suddenly, I smile.
I’m walking away now….wearing a peaceful smile I had not known for years….
My wrist is still bleeding…..
But it doesn’t hurt anymore…
You know why?

No comments:

Post a Comment